Website Terms and Conditions
English Language Testing Ltd’s terms and conditions for website use
Welcome to our website.
The term ELT or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to English Language Testing Ltd., the owner of this website, whose registered office is Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9DF, UK.
Our company registration number is 6287003, registered and incorporated in England and Wales.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us or the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/ or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is governed by the law of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Test takers agree to be bound by the “Terms and conditions for taking a Password test” available on ELT’s website.
Before purchasing any Password test from ELT’s website it is your responsibility to assure yourself that the test is suitable for your purpose, and its results will be recognised by any third parties that you wish to accept the results.
Purchases from ELT’s website are subject to the following terms:
- No refunds will be made nor returns accepted unless ELT are required to do this by law or the test(s) purchased cannot be completed because of a fault with ELT’s Password testing service.
- ELT are not responsible for you being unable to access or complete the test(s) because of technical problems with your PC(s) or other equipment, or the Internet connection to ELT’s servers.
Password tests purchased from ELT’s website by organisations and businesses in response to an invoice issued by ELT or otherwise are subject to the following terms:
- ELT will e-mail the test access codes (required to take the tests) to the e-mail address supplied by you to us when full payment has been received.
- Password tests must be used in accordance with ELT’s latest “Terms And Conditions For The Use Of Password Tests”.
Password tests purchased from ELT’s website by individuals as consumers (i.e. self assessment or practice tests) are subject to the following terms:
- ELT will e-mail the test access code (required to take the test) to the e-mail address supplied to us by PayPal within one working day. It is not possible to change this e-mail address.
- For consumers purchasing in the UK, to allow us to mail the test access code to you so that you can take your test as soon as possible, you acknowledge and agree that you are requesting us to allow you access to the Password testing service before the 14 day cancellation period allowed for online purchases under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and so waive your right to a “change of mind” refund.
- There are no scores or results from a practice test.
- The result of a self assessment test is intended only to inform you as the purchaser and will not generally be accepted by third parties for any purpose.