Password tests were developed by world leading experts in testing and assessment. Employers, who use the Password Workforce suite of tests, all benefit from a unique combination of high quality and easily accessible testing, which is operated under their own control and brand.
Password Workforce is used by employers for:
- Screening as part of the selection process, to help select the best candidates to interview.
- Staff recruitment, to ensure potential new staff have the appropriate level of English for the post.
- Selection purposes, to identify suitable staff for overseas travel and other purposes.
- Training and development, to benchmark the language levels of employees for placement in training programmes and to measure their progress.
- Leadership and management programmes, to ensure employees with leadership potential have the language proficiency to effectively participate in management programmes and progress within the organisation.
The global benchmark for English language in the workplace
Used to assess the English Language ability of employees and potential employees.
Employers choose from a selection of three test modules depending upon their specific requirements. The test is aligned to the CEFR A2 to C1.
Used to assess the English Language ability of employees and potential employees with a lower level of English.
Employers choose from two test modules depending upon their specific requirements. The test is aligned to the CEFR A1 to B1
Test Module Details
Password tests are made up of one or more test modules.
Password Workforce Knowledge
Password Workforce Knowledge is a sophisticated test of English language grammar, vocabulary and reading. It consists of five sections and takes 1 hour to complete.
Password Workforce Writing
Password Workforce Writing assesses a test-taker’s ability to write an essay or work related task. Test-takers are presented with a choice of two essay titles and are given instructions regarding length and content. The test takes 30 minutes.
Password Workforce Speaking
Password Workforce Speaking has five sections with one or more speaking tasks (questions) in each, simply answered by speaking into the microphone. There is approximately the same amount of time available to prepare answers as there is to speak. Notes can be made to help prepare answers. The test takes twenty minutes.
Password Workforce Intro Knowledge
Password Workforce Intro Knowledge is a simplified version of Password Workforce Knowledge. It is a sophisticated test of English language grammar and vocabulary. It consists of four sections and takes 45 minutes to complete.
Password Workforce Intro Writing
Password Workforce Intro Writing is a simplified version of Password Workforce Writing. It assesses a test-taker’s ability to write an essay or work related task. Test-takers are presented with a choice of two essay titles and are given instructions regarding length and content. The test takes 20 minutes.