Terms and Conditions for taking a Password Test
The term ELT or ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to English Language Testing Ltd, the owner of this website and others, whose registered office is Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9DF, UK. Our company registration number is 6287003, registered and incorporated in England and Wales.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our websites. The following is a broad description of the way ELT collects and process personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices that ELT has provided or contact ELT to ask about your personal circumstances. ELT processes personal information where we have a legitimate interest in it to enable us to provide assessment services, to report assessment results to those with a legitimate interest in them, to conduct assessment analysis and research, and to maintain our accounts and records.
Information we collect and process
We process information relevant to the above purposes. This may include the following personal information (usually the first four listed for those taking an assessment):
- Date of birth.
- Proof of identity document type and details such as passport and number.
- Native language.
- Photographs and other biometric characteristics.
- Postal and email addresses and other contact details.
- Nationality and/ or citizenship.
- Country of residency.
- Occupation and job title.
- Employment and education details and history.
- Information required for visa and other applications.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We may also process sensitive personal information:
- Medical information supplied those applying to take an assessment in order to obtain special assessment conditions.
In the case of persons who have completed an assessment provided by, or through, ELT, assessment results achieved by the persons will also be held.
ELT process personal information collected to allow us to:
- Administer assessments and score to give assessment results.
- Review applications, assessments and results for fraud detection purposes.
- Share the relevant information and personal data from applications, assessments, results and fraud reviews with those with a legitimate interest including the purchaser of the assessment, the person and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing, our contractors, law enforcement agencies, when required to by law, and with those that that use or recognise ELT’s assessment results including educational institutions, commercial and other organisations, ELT’s test centres, government (including visa processing authorities) and professional bodies.
- Please be aware that this sharing may involve a transfer (usually by the purchaser of the assessment accessing test results) of your personal information (including sensitive personal information) outside the European Economic Area and persons taking an assessment give their consent to this information sharing and (possible) transfer. ELT and their contractors process personal information within the European Economic Area.
- Use applications, assessments, results and fraud reviews for research, statistical and training purposes and for the development of our assessments, services and systems.
- Manage ELT’s internal business operations.
- Inform and give information on the services ELT provides, on events and on opportunities to work with ELT and to conduct market research.
- Improve our products and services and to customise our websites according to interests.
ELT consider unanonymised information and personal data from applications, assessments and results confidential and in only in exceptional circumstances (such as when fraud is suspected) will make this available to any party except the purchaser of the assessment or as directed by them and our contractors if necessary.
ELT and their contractors will retain personal data for as long as ELT and/or others parties (such as the purchaser of assessments) have a reasonable legitimate interest in that data.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and protected by design and default. In order to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, deletion or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
Purchasers of assessments should be aware that personal information may be shared with other with a legitimate interest as described above.
ELT initially process personal information within the European Economic Area although as described above at times a copy may be transferred outside of the Area.
When processing or sharing personal information ELT comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applicable.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you wish to contact us please write to us at English Language Testing Ltd, Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9DF UK.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information held by ELT please write to us at the above address. You will need to prove your identity and a charge may be made.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address, giving details of what you believe needs correcting. You will need to prove your identity. We will correct any information found to be incorrect.
English Language Testing Ltd’s terms and conditions for taking a Password test
Any test taker that fails to agree to abide by these terms and conditions will not be allowed to take a Password test and subsequently should they fail to abide by them may not receive a Password test result from English Language Testing Ltd (ELT), may have their result cancelled, may be reported to regulatory authorities globally and may be liable to legal action and/ or prosecution.
(1) Provide proof of identity documents (passport, national or other identity card etc.) as required by the administrator of your Password test.
(2) In cases where special test arrangements (which must be agreed in advance of taking a test) have been made for you because of special needs, you must provide medical certificates as required by ELT and/ or the administrator of your Password test.
(3) Arrive at the test location advised by the administrator of your Password test before the scheduled test start time.
(4) Declare any Password tests taken by you in the previous year to the Password test administrator.
(5) Leave all personal belongings, except one small unlabelled bottle of water and your identity documents, in the designated belongings area. All electronic devices, including watches and especially mobile phones, must be switched off and left in the belongings area.
(6) Consent for your identity to be verified and recorded. This may include:
- Checking and copying your proof of identity documents.
• Having your photograph taken, any covering from your face must be removed for this.
• Providing a signature sample
(7) Enter your name and other information accurately into the test “candidate details” page.
(8) Obey all reasonable instructions given to you by the Password test administrator and invigilators.
(9) Raise your hand without speaking if you need to ask an invigilator anything and wait for them to speak to you.
(10) Inform the test administrator on the day of the test if you believe that your performance may be affected by ill health.
(11) Leave all test equipment including headphones and microphones and whiteboards and pens in the test room at the end of the test.
(12) If you have a complaint relating to the administration of the test or on any other matter you must make your complaint known to the test administrator before you leave on your test day.
You must not:
(1) Take more than one Password test in a twenty eight day period unless your Password test administrator allows a second because of poor performance due to ill health in the first. A third test is not allowed under any circumstances.
(2) Engage in any form of behaviour which may damage the integrity and security of the Password test. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Impersonating another person, or allowing another person to impersonate you (this may render you liable to prosecution).
- Cheating or attempting to cheat in any way, including the use of notes of any kind, the use of electronic devices, copying the work of other test takers and talking to other test takers.
- Assisting another test taker to cheat in any way.
(3) Note, copy, photograph or reproduce in any way any part of the test in any way in/ on any medium.
(4) Ask an invigilator for any explanation of the test questions.
(5) Disrupt the test in any way once the test has started, including talking to or disturbing or distracting other test takers.
(6) Lend anything to, or borrow anything from, another test taker during the test.
(7) Eat or smoke in the test room.
(8) Stand up, move around or leave the test room without the permission of an invigilator.
(9) Alter the appearance in any way of any paper test results certificate provided by the test administrator.
You understand and agree that Password test results:
(1) Are issued by the Password test administrator in a manner determined by ELT and the Password test administrator which may or may not include a paper test results certificate.
(2) Will have your name and other information as entered by you into the Password test “candidate’s details” page.
(3) May be cancelled if at any time if any irregularity in the test or test administration is identified, or because of undue repetitive test taking.
You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) The test administrator may use metal detectors or other equipment to scan you for electronic or other devices.
(2) All intellectual property in Password tests including all Password test materials is owned by ELT.
(4) There may be local terms and conditions required by the Password test administrator that you must comply with and that the Password test administrator will provide details of these.
(5) If ELT or the Password test administrator decide that it is necessary to review anything related to your test or the administration of your test you are required to assist the review in any reasonable way requested which may require re-taking one or more Password test modules.
(7) If there are technical difficulties or test administration issues whilst taking your Password test you may have to re-take one or more Password test modules.
(8) The work submitted in your Password test becomes the property of ELT and that you have no rights over it.
(9) The test administrator will take reasonable measures to protect your personal belongings but is not responsible for any loss.
You declare that:
(1) I have read these “terms and conditions for taking a Password test” and will abide by the rules for test takers and agree with the other terms.
(2) The personal information entered as a part of my Password test will be complete, true and accurate.
(3) I understand that the ELT have a responsibility to ensure the highest confidence in the integrity of Password tests and results thus ELT reserves the right to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for reasons of suspected cheating or any other irregularity in the test process.